Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Week 6

This week I worked on the revolver weapon and porting in the main menu. The main menu went in just fine. The revolver took some work. The work of making the weapon shoot and show up in udk went well. I had a little bit of trouble finding what line of code I had to add to disable the right mouse button but I found it and everything went ok getting that part done. The part I had trouble with and took the most work what that when I got the weapon in udk it was embedded in the main characters head. It was pointed the right direction which was good just in the wrong spot. I first tried setting the offset for the weapon in script but no matter what I did the gun didn't move. What I ended up having to do is go into the skeletal model in udk and changing the base position in there. Once I got the gun in the right place it looked and worked fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment