Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Week 6

This week I worked on the revolver weapon and porting in the main menu. The main menu went in just fine. The revolver took some work. The work of making the weapon shoot and show up in udk went well. I had a little bit of trouble finding what line of code I had to add to disable the right mouse button but I found it and everything went ok getting that part done. The part I had trouble with and took the most work what that when I got the weapon in udk it was embedded in the main characters head. It was pointed the right direction which was good just in the wrong spot. I first tried setting the offset for the weapon in script but no matter what I did the gun didn't move. What I ended up having to do is go into the skeletal model in udk and changing the base position in there. Once I got the gun in the right place it looked and worked fine.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Week 5

This Week I worked on the hud. The hud before it was ported into udk looked like this ->

To make the hud work I had to add a line to the game type script so that udk would know where to look. There are 2 other script files that make the file work. The hud itself has a health bar, an ammo count, total ammo count, clip size, and total money.

The hud in game turned out looking like this->

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Week 3

This week I finished up my work on the character script. I also got sounds for walking on wood and dirt. The sounds I made my recording myself while walking the surface and then messing around with them in audacity until the sounded right.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Week 2

This week I worked on the character script. The scripting went ok and I got them to the point that they are needing the model, physics asset, and animations.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Week 1

This week my team and I worked on the high concept, game design document, and statement of work. The high concept and statement of work were finished and finalized. While the game design document is on a good rough draft.